Sunday, August 16, 2009

In His and Her Majesty(ies)'s Service

My mouth…is getting me into trouble almost every time I open it! First I was rude to a teacher, then I was rude the VP, then I was rude to the ex-P and VP (again!). I only ever remember to watch what I say just before I decide to stay quiet, or just after I said something stupid, never any other times. Some may say its no big deal, but it always leaves a horrid impression on others, which does my standing in school absolutely no good. I wish I could run my mouth off and not beat myself up over saying something awful every time I do so. Rarrgh! How annoying.

Oh yes, I just marked out a rival. Haha, yes that’s a word with plenty of negative connotations, but hear me out. The rival (henceforth referred to as R) has brains…well a sufficient mass of it to keep R in sight of the cookies. R has ambitions, big ones, and are similar to mine. R possesses qualities I don’t, eccentricities that mark R out as distinctly unique. Fortunately, they make R endearing, whereas mine make me…weirder. Hopefully, I can surpass R in the academic arena (at the very least), because in all other aspects, I find myself lacking. This isn’t a competition where one wins and the other loses. I see it as running side by side, pacing one another. If I fall behind, I’ll fight to catch up. If he slows down, I’d push R on (assuming R doesn’t mind). Otherwise, it’d be boring going it alone.

Chamomile tea is probably a drug, like opium and cocaine. I was getting a particularly bad earful thanks to SAJC’s policy of making everyone stay back so they can take the MSA at the same time. Then I drank a cup of the stuff. Maybe someone swapped it for a flask of liquid Feel-Okay, or spiked it with animal tranquilizer. Whatever it was, I felt my muscles relax, starting from my mouth, to my forehead and then to my chest. Seriously, I know chamomile is known for its soothing properties, but this is plain ridiculous. The Mood-o-meter needle swung from Quite-Angry to Silly-Laughter. Ah, the power of gastronomical delights…

While on the subject of food, I just learned how to make Korean pancakes. Its real simple, pretty cheap, and certainly a less labor intensive alternative to fried instant noodles. Of course though, I don’t put kimchii in MY pancakes. Nothing against the Koreans, but I don’t like vegetables, and I can’t take hot stuff. So, its not a stretch to say that I really don’t like spicy vegetables. Anyway, from Korean pancakes, I can probably make the more usual McDonald’s pancakes as well, and to an extent, anything that comes from a batter and can be pan-fried. Still, I’m waiting to have a go at brownies and some kind of macaroni-cream of mushroom-chicken-cheese dish my mum cooks. Haha! Self-improvement FTW!

Recently had an MSN conversation with Wesley Phay. I love arguing with him. He’s obviously been taking the time to read up on various subjects which are pretty Extra-Curricular, and I try to rebut as best I can. So far, no one’s winning, and I’m glad its been that way. Nevertheless, while I respect his views, I JUST CAN”T STAND HIM BEING SO FRIKKIN EMO. I mean why do you want to keep indulging in fatalistic ideas, perpetual cynicism and blind anti-establishment sentiments? I’m half convinced he’s still wallowing in self-pity (which Lord knows, I’ve done a lot of times). I personally know there’s a perverse sense of satisfaction in thinking that you don’t matter to the larger world, which in turn doesn’t matter to the universe, which doesn’t matter to reality, which doesn’t matter. I’m not trying to attack his views, I’m trying to say his motivation for subscribing to them are misplaced. But whatever… I can’t do anything to change that other than pray and wait. I still think he’ll make a fantastic Christian. Oh yes, and I’m thinking of getting him a Korean passport since he’s starting to look like one, with his long hair, baby face and fashion sense.

And I came across Evangeline’s blog. I’m starting to think it’s the GUYS who blog the most. Her last post was in June…Not as bad as how frequently I update my deviantart account (actually, nothing close to it, 1.5 years vs 1.5 months).

No comments:

Post a Comment